Friday, November 24, 2006

My Doggie



My dog's name is Ava. I got her from an animal hospital about a half hour from where I live. She is now about 2yrs old and I got her 2005. The animal shelter found her tied her to a bridge. The shelter thought because she was small, she was probably the runt of the litter. Two weeks later my mom visited the shelter and fell in love. After I heard Ava's story, I felt like a super hero. I was proud because we got Ava within hours of her death. We saved her! So please, whenever you go past a shelter, just stop in and look and maybe if you are lucky a little puppy or kitty will catch your eye! Then you can be an amazing super hero just like me. (Well maybe not as good!) LOL

5 comments:

CindyMae said...

Ava is just precious! I just love her face, she looks so sweet!

mainely stitching said...

My big furbaby Rigby is from the animal shelter. And I've gotten all my kitties from the shelter, too. :) Your dog and your aunt's pom are adorable.

Candice said...

She is so cute! I have never gotten a dog from a shelter.

stitcherw said...

Ava is very cute. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs, all either stray's or from the local animal shelter. I think they know that you saved their life and gave them another chance.
Sue

Valda said...

Ava is precious! I have had several dogs and cats that I have found as strays and taken in. I can't think of anything better than to give a home to an animal who doesn't have one.